Oh October, how I looooove thee! This one was particularly good to me as far as reading goes. My list of reads for the month is kinda ginormous. Keep in mind that Dewey's Read-a-Thon happened. That always ups the numbers dramatically for this gal.
I've only reviewed a few of these. Most of those were mini-reviews. Apparently I don't review books anymore? That's a subject for a different post!
I didn't do it on purpose but half of the books I read in October were nonfiction. That makes me happy in the nerdiest way.
- The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein*
- Writers Between the Covers by Jodi Rendon & Shannon McKenna Schmidt*
- Hippie Boy by Ingrid Ricks*
- The Courtiers by Lucy Worsley*
- The Secret Life of Objects By Dawn Raffel*
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Boxers by Gene Luen Yang
- Saints by Gene Luen Yang
- The Suicide Shop by Jean Teule
- Late Lights by Kara Weiss
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
- Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
- The House Girl by Tara Conklin
- Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt
- November's Fury by Michael Schumacher*
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed*
- The Family by David Laskin*
- Coming Clean by Kimberly Rae Miller*
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Constance by Franny Moyle*
- The Butler by Wil Haygood*
* = Nonfiction
And so ends one of my favorite months. Now, onto November!
How was October for you?