|Bob Ross welcomes you to The Relentless Reader!|
I'm a cheerleader again so I hope to see a lot of you out and about on the interwebs today! I'll be visiting blogs and checking in on Twitter fairly often. I'll be updating my progress here on the blog during the day as well.
|Rah Rah ~ Sis Boom Bah! Gooo Team Otter!|
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm coming at you from the lovely state of Wisconsin.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Is it weird that I'm looking forward to reading Mary Poppins? I've never read it!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I'm making a baked potato soup that I'm pretty jazzed about.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a stay-at-home-homeschooling mom. I have blue eyes. I'm a Pisces. I like long walks on the beach. Ha!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I think I've found a pretty good read-a-thon rhythm. I do think I'll take a bit more time to move around though. Jumping jacks?
I've finished my first book, hip hip hooray!
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
Onward! I'm going to go make this awesome dip right now.
I've finished another book. What a fantastic read!!
The Suicide Shop by Jean Teule
|Nom nom nom|
The hours zipped by this afternoon. My potato soup was pretty damn good I must say. Want the recipe? I've been sharing photos of my snacks and my cats (they love to help me read) on Twitter. More important? THE BOOKS! Here's what I've read since I checked in last:
Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang~ a incredible set of graphic novels. Seriously great stuff.
I'm not tired yet. That's kinda bonkers for me. I'm a big fan of naps on a regular day. Hmmm. I wonder if I'm surfing on adrenaline? We'll see what happens as darkness falls. Talk to you later!
I read Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers. Ohhh you guys, It was an absolute delight! I'm applauding with glee!
What shall my 6th book be? Even I'm not sure! I'm going to play on Twitter and Facebook for a bit and then I'll get to picking out my next read.
Keep on keepin' on readers! We've got this!
Did I read another great book? I did, I did! But you know what grinds my gears? Ambiguous endings. Don't do that to me dammit! Still, it was a fab read.
Late Lights by Kara Weiss
What's next? I DON'T KNOW! I'm starting to feel a bit punch drunk. A little derpy, if you will.
|Not quite THIS derpy.|
This was the last book I finished:
The Secret Life of Objects by Dawn Raffel
It was in the middle of hour 20 when I just couldn't do it anymore.
|This was totally happening!|
Now, to answer the wrap-up questionnaire:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 20, I zonked out!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Everything I read was a readathon success, but I'll suggest Boxers & Saints. Graphic novels are fantastic for readathons.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I really don't, everything about this event is freaking awesome.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The encouragement and sheer awesomeness of the hosts and participants.
- How many books did you read? Seven! Oh, that reminds me, I have to go log those on the Dewey's site!
- What were the names of the books you read? The Secret Life of Objects, Number the Stars, Boxers, Saints, The Suicide Shop, Late Lights, & Mary Poppins
- Which book did you enjoy most? Oh how I hate to pick favorites! Mary Poppins was especially adorable though.
- Which did you enjoy least? No! You can't make me choose!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was a cheerleader, rah rah! It's quite hard to read and cheer. I'm trying to think about how that can be improved. My brain is tired this morning...I'll get back to you. Ha.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? There's no doubt that I'll be participating again. And again and again! I'll probably be a cheerleader again. I might be just a plain old reader next time though, so I can participate in the challenges throughout the day.
|It was a great day. As always!|
See you at the next readathon! Definitely.