End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I was all good until the very wee hours of the morning. Hours 20 and 21 just about slayed me.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think short is the way to go. If I had read one long book right away I think I would have been discourage. Next time around I'm definitely going for more graphic novels. Blankets kinda saved me.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nothing comes to mind, it was rad. (Haven't used that particular word in a decade or two, ha) Personally? I might invest in a few energy drinks and a bigger variety of snacks.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The cheerleading and support on Twitter was fantastic! The hourly updates on the site really kept my mojo up as well.
- How many books did you read? Almost 6, yay!
- What were the names of the books you read? How Reading Changed my Life, Push, The Chocolate War, Blankets, The Violin of Auschwitz and 3/4 of The Empty Family
- Which book did you enjoy most? Oh wow, honestly I don't know if I can pick. The Chocolate War and Push were both crazy good. Blankets was ultra beautiful!
- Which did you enjoy least? The Violin of Auschwitz. It's a lovely book, but didn't fit into my Read-a-Thon happiness!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Maybe more blog comments? Especially in the later hours.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Oh dude, I am so in. I really enjoyed being a reader but I wouldn't mind hosting a mini-challenge. I was kinda late to the party, but next time I'd like to donate a prize or two as well.
Thank you to the hosts, the mini-challenge hosts, the cheerleaders and the readers. What a fantabulous event!
Now I'm off to explore some of the blogs I discovered yesterday and to answer comments and all of the stuff that makes the book blogging world go 'round.
Have a great day. Get some sleep for pete's sake!